Studium, Ausbildung und Beruf
 StudiumHome   FAQFAQ   RegelnRegeln   SuchenSuchen    RegistrierenRegistrieren   LoginLogin

Sammelthread für Korrekturen
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Weiter
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Sammelthread für Korrekturen

Autor Nachricht
charleen0105
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen

BeitragVerfasst am: 24 Nov 2008 - 22:35:52    Titel:

Hi, ich würde mich über eine Korrekturhilfe sehr freuen, lieben Gruß, Charleen

After a while Lucy goes upstairs in the bedroom, tries to forget her rage to Ohil and comes to sleep. Then the door rings and she becames angry again: " Why forgot this stupid man his key?" She goes to the door an opens it. "Gosh Phil, you can´t step upright, you´re drunken. He answers nothing, maybe beause he can´t speak no more. L Lucy nearly starts to cry. Therefore she decides to sleep in teh livinroom at the couch, because she can`t sleep next to the man, who dissapointed her so much.
It´s the next morning and Phil wants to apologize, but Lucy isn´t there.
The reason: Lucy is at the way to university. Late in the evening, the kids are still sleeping, Phil is yet worried about his wife, Lucy comes home. When she goes in the livingroom, Phil stands in front of her with a impressing bunch of red roses. Besides is at the floor a big heart of candles. Lucy wants to say something, but her husband anticipates. His first words are: "I love you, darling" Furthermore U hpe you can believe me and the other importabt thing: I feel really sorry, because of this I want to apologize from the depth of my heart. I was so stupid", say Phil sad. Lucy thinks with a little smile in her face: "Oh yes, you was" Her husband goes on:" And I was also wrong with my opinion. It was my idea that you apply university. Moreover I can understand that you are not satisfied to do all the housework. I will help you and if you want we engage a nurde. In the next time I will support you in everything what you want to do. And truely: Shouldn´t I be proud of my intelligent woman woman, who wants to aim her goal in life?
Lucy doesn´t know what to say, on the one hand she is touched with emotion and on the other hand she´s still a kind of angry. Then she looks into his beautiful eyes and gets lost. Lucy smurks and goes in his arms. Phil feels lucky and relieved that his wonderful woman is again there. "Darling, please believe me and you will see" " Okay honey" Lucy says "This is the first test, I´m matriculated at university" Her husband answers ironic" What? You will go to university, shut up!" he laughs out loud, Lucy does the same and they kiss each other loving. Smile
Woodstock

BeitragVerfasst am: 24 Nov 2008 - 23:00:09    Titel:

Zitat:
After a while Lucy goes upstairs into the bedroom, tries to forget her rage about Ohil and falls asleep. (oder versucht sie nur, einzuschlafen? dann: tries to get some sleep oder so) Then the doorbell rings and she becomes angry again: " Why did this stupid man forget his key?" She goes to the door an opens it. "Gosh Phil, you can´t stand upright, you´re drunken. He answers nothing, maybe beause he can´t speak no more (besser vllt: is no more able to speak). Lucy nearly starts to cry. Therefore she decides to sleep in the livingroom on the couch, because she can`t sleep next to the man, who dissapointed her so much.
It´s the next morning and Phil wants to apologize, but Lucy isn´t there.
The reason: Lucy is on the way to university. Late in the evening, the kids are still sleeping, Phil is yet worried about his wife, Lucy comes home. When she goes into the livingroom, Phil stands in front of her with an impressing bunch of red roses. Besides on the floor is a big heart of candles. ("is" klingt nicht so. vllt he formed a large heart with candles?) Lucy wants to say something, but her husband anticipates. His first words are: "I love you, darling" Furthermore U hpe (I hope?) you can believe me and the other importabt thing: I feel really sorry about this (statt this: what happened last night) and I want to apologize from the depth of my heart. I was so stupid", say Phil sad. Lucy thinks with a little smile in her face: "Oh yes, you were" Her husband goes on:" And I was also wrong with my opinion. It was my idea that you apply at the university. Moreover I can understand that you are not satisfied (better: happy. satisfied meint mehr zufriedengestellt) with doing all the housework. I will help you and if you want we engage a nurde (ein was?). In future I will support you in everything () you want to do. And truly: Shouldn´t I be proud of my intelligent woman, who wants to aim her goal in life?
Lucy doesn´t know what to say, on the one hand she is touched with emotion and on the other hand she´s still () kind of angry. Then she looks into his beautiful eyes and gets lost. Lucy smurks and falls into his arms. Phil feels lucky and relieved that his wonderful woman is with him again. "Darling, please believe me and you will see" " Okay honey" Lucy says "This is the first test, I´m matriculated at university" Her husband answers ironically" What? You will go to university, shut up!" he laughs out loud, Lucy does the same and they kiss each other lovingly.
Caro**

BeitragVerfasst am: 25 Nov 2008 - 15:29:24    Titel:

Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn mir jemand folgenden Text korrigieren kann:

Roberto Garcia is the protagonist of the story “Macho” written by Victor Villaseñor.

As the oldest brother of seven siblings he has a lot of responsibility. His father, who is addicted to alcohol, isn’t able to work. So Roberto has to take over the role of his father and have to earn the money.
Roberto, not yet eighteen, who lives and works as a farmer in the mountain is described as a boy who is tall for Mexican/ Indian and who has large eyes and wide shoulders.
In the first part of the story he lives in poor conditions and wears homemade clothes. He has to sleep on the ground of the house his father constructed because he has to share the room with his siblings. Later, at the border, he describes himself as a man who is dressed expensively. At this time, his clothes are new and he seems well-fed and powerful.

During the whole story, Roberto Garcia behaves respectful to other people. In the first part it is his family he shows respect for, especially to his father.

Because of the father’s addiction, Roberto has to work two shifts. On the one hand he takes the responsibility for his family and tries to support and help his father, but on the other hand, he is disappointed in him. There is one scene Roberto meets his father in the cantina with the norteõs. In this situation he feels shame for him.

In the second part of the story, Roberto shows respect to Aguilar. Because of the new situation at the border with a lot of men Roberto doesn’t know, he is scared. The only man Robert trust is Aguilar. In some situations, for example in the restaurant, it seems as if Roberto would admire Aguilar.

In spite of his behaviour, which seems respectful and adult, other people in the story define him as a boy without respect, as someone who acts against tradition. But in Roberto’s view, he doesn’t want to break customs he only wants to have a better life.

At the beginning of the novelle, Roberto is scared when he thinks about the future. He has a lot worries because of the lack of money. When he stays with Aguilar at the border, he has a positive attitude to his future. As he recognizes, that he will be able to send money home, he seems very happy.

At the same time, Roberto says about himself, that he is very stupid and naïve, because he always takes his hand over his pocket. This behaviour shows everyone that he has got money there.

About his character trades I can say the he seems helpful. For example he wants to help the woman who falls from the seat in the bus. In addition to that he is hardworking, dedicated and religious. He prays a lot, especially at the border. He always apologise to god, when he realised that he has done something wrong, for example his wish to show everyone that he has got money in his pocket.
Henrique87

BeitragVerfasst am: 25 Nov 2008 - 19:22:24    Titel:

Zitat:
Roberto Garcia is the protagonist of the story “Macho” written by Victor Villaseñor.

Being the oldest brother of seven siblings he has a lot of responsibility. His father, who is an alcoholic, isn’t able to work. That's why Roberto has to take over the role of his father and have to earn the money.
Roberto, not yet eighteen, () lives and works as a farmer in the mountain (er lebt im Berg? In einer Höhle etwa?) . He is described as a boy , tall for a Mexican/ Indian and who has large eyes and wide shoulders.
In the first part of the story he lives in poor conditions and wears homemade clothes. He has to sleep on the ground of the house (Er schläft auf dem Fundament des Hauses? Shocked Arrow floor) his father constructed because he has to share the room with his siblings. Later, at the border (meinst du vielleicht "in the end"?), he describes himself as a man who is dressed expensively. At this time, his clothes are new and he seems well-fed and powerful.

During the whole story, Roberto Garcia behaves respectfully to other people. In the first part it is his family he shows respect for, especially to his father.

Because of the father’s addiction, Roberto has to work two shifts (Meinst du jetzt, dass er zwei Schichten arbeitet?) . On the one hand he takes the responsibility for his family and tries to support and help his father, but on the other hand, he is disappointed with him. There is one scene in which Roberto meets his father in the cantina with the norteõs. In this situation he is ashamed of him.

In the second part of the story, Roberto shows respect to Aguilar. Because of the new situation at the border (AAAARRRRGH, sag mir bitte, bitte, bitte, dass du damit nicht "am Rande" meinst.. Wenn etwas am Rande ist, dann ist es nicht wichtig und damit sollte es auch nicht erwähnt werden.) with a lot of men Roberto doesn’t know, he is scared (Was willst du mit dem Satz überhaupt sagen?) . The only man Robert trust is Aguilar. In some situations, for example in the restaurant, it seems as if Roberto would admire Aguilar.

In spite of his behaviour, which seems respectful and mature, other people in the story define him as a boy without respect, as someone who acts against tradition. But Roberto just doesn’t want to break customs (genau! nieder mit dem Zoll! Arrow habits) he only wants to have a better life.

At the beginning of the novelle, Roberto is scared when he thinks about the future. He worries a lot because of the lack of money. When he stays with Aguilar at the border Shocked Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked , he has a positive attitude to his future. As he recognizes () that he will be able to send money home, he seems very happy.

At the same time, Roberto says about himself, that he is very stupid and naïve, because he always puts his hand over his pocket. This behaviour shows everyone that he has () money there.

About his character trades (in welchem Bazar kann man einen neuen Charakter kaufen, und wieviel kostet es?) I can say the he seems helpful. For example he wants to help the woman who falls off her seat in the bus. In addition to that he is hardworking, dedicated and religious. He prays a lot, especially at the border (meinst du jetzt doch "am Ende"?) . He always apologise to god, when he realised that he has done something wrong, for example his wish to show everyone that he has () money in his pocket.
Caro**

BeitragVerfasst am: 25 Nov 2008 - 21:17:26    Titel:

Henrique87 hat folgendes geschrieben:
Zitat:

Being the oldest brother of seven siblings he has a lot of responsibility. His father, who is an alcoholic, isn’t able to work. That's why Roberto has to take over the role of his father and have to earn the money.
Roberto, not yet eighteen, () lives and works as a farmer in the mountain (er lebt im Berg? In einer Höhle etwa?) . He is described as a boy , tall for a Mexican/ Indian and who has large eyes and wide shoulders.
In the first part of the story he lives in poor conditions and wears homemade clothes. He has to sleep on the ground of the house (Er schläft auf dem Fundament des Hauses? Shocked Arrow floor) his father constructed because he has to share the room with his siblings. Later, at the border (meinst du vielleicht "in the end"?), he describes himself as a man who is dressed expensively. At this time, his clothes are new and he seems well-fed and powerful.

During the whole story, Roberto Garcia behaves respectfully to other people. In the first part it is his family he shows respect for, especially to his father.

Because of the father’s addiction, Roberto has to work two shifts (Meinst du jetzt, dass er zwei Schichten arbeitet?) . On the one hand he takes the responsibility for his family and tries to support and help his father, but on the other hand, he is disappointed with him. There is one scene in which Roberto meets his father in the cantina with the norteõs. In this situation he is ashamed of him.

In the second part of the story, Roberto shows respect to Aguilar. Because of the new situation at the border (AAAARRRRGH, sag mir bitte, bitte, bitte, dass du damit nicht "am Rande" meinst.. Wenn etwas am Rande ist, dann ist es nicht wichtig und damit sollte es auch nicht erwähnt werden.) with a lot of men Roberto doesn’t know, he is scared (Was willst du mit dem Satz überhaupt sagen?) . The only man Robert trust is Aguilar. In some situations, for example in the restaurant, it seems as if Roberto would admire Aguilar.

In spite of his behaviour, which seems respectful and mature, other people in the story define him as a boy without respect, as someone who acts against tradition. But Roberto just doesn’t want to break customs (genau! nieder mit dem Zoll! Arrow habits) he only wants to have a better life.

At the beginning of the novelle, Roberto is scared when he thinks about the future. He worries a lot because of the lack of money. When he stays with Aguilar at the border Shocked Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked , he has a positive attitude to his future. As he recognizes () that he will be able to send money home, he seems very happy.

At the same time, Roberto says about himself, that he is very stupid and naïve, because he always puts his hand over his pocket. This behaviour shows everyone that he has () money there.

About his character trades (in welchem Bazar kann man einen neuen Charakter kaufen, und wieviel kostet es?) I can say the he seems helpful. For example he wants to help the woman who falls off her seat in the bus. In addition to that he is hardworking, dedicated and religious. He prays a lot, especially at the border (meinst du jetzt doch "am Ende"?) . He always apologise to god, when he realised that he has done something wrong, for example his wish to show everyone that he has () money in his pocket.

vielen dank für deine mühe.

mit "at the border" meine ich "an der grenze"
Caro**

BeitragVerfasst am: 08 Dez 2008 - 20:22:36    Titel:

Könnte mir bitte jemand diesen Text korrigieren?
Auch wenn es kurzfristig ist, wäre es noch heute Abend möglich?
Das wäre ganz ganz toll!

Our Group worked at the topic “American Heaven or Hell? – The American Dream and its failure.”

First of all I will give you a short introduction about the American Dream in general, and then I will advert myself to the novelle Macho, to the Dream Geraldo Garcia had.

The American Dream means the idea from rags to riches.
It is an illusion of many poor people, to go to America as a dishwasher and become a millionaire there.

At first, Roberto doesn't want to go north. But Esperanza, the sister, told him about the American Dream, and convinced him when she said she would go to America.
"Yes. I'm going to see the norteños. But don't worry... I won't go north."
"Why not? If I were a man... hell, I would have left this lousy place years ago."

During the story, Roberto devise the dream to be able to send money home to his family.

The second aspect we choose to show the American Dream in “Macho” is the dialogue between Aguilar and Roberto:

“Hell, up there such a young man would make thousands of American dollars. Not pesos. But dollars, the gods of this earth.”

You can see here how convinced people are. They really think everyone is able to become rich in the United States.

Danke!
Woodstock

BeitragVerfasst am: 08 Dez 2008 - 22:59:43    Titel:

Zitat:
Our Group (has) worked at the topic “American Heaven or Hell? – The American Dream and its failure.”

First of all I will (nicht falsch, ich haette vllt "shall" gesagt) give you a short introduction about (the idea of the) American Dream in general, and then I will advert (besser: refer to, dann ohne myself) myself to the novelle Macho, (to) the Dream Geraldo Garcia had.

The American Dream means (represents) the idea of the careers from rags to riches.
It is an illusion of many poor people, to go to America as a dishwasher and become a millionaire there.

At first, Roberto doesn't want to go north. But Esperanza, the sister, told him about the American Dream, and convinced him when she said she would go to America.
"Yes. I'm going to see the norteños. But don't worry... I won't go north."
"Why not? If I were a man... hell, I would have left this lousy place years ago."

During the story, Roberto devises the dream to be able (no. starts thinking of the dream being possible, oder sowas) and to send money home to his family.

The second aspect we've chosen to show of? the American Dream in “Macho” is the dialogue between Aguilar and Roberto:

“Hell, up there such a young man would make thousands of American dollars. Not pesos. But dollars, the gods of this earth.”

You can see here how convinced people are. They really think everyone is able to become rich in the United States.

Der letzte Satz: es IST per se possible fuer jeden - aber das Problem ist wohl, dass viele denken, es waere so einfach.

Hoffe, ich hab nichts uebersehen. cu
reggaekati

BeitragVerfasst am: 15 Dez 2008 - 19:37:04    Titel:

Hello Leute!

Ich hätte einen kurzen Text verfasst und bin mir bei einigen Phrasen nicht ganz sicher.

Kann man sagen "to match the image" im Sinne von "dem Image gerecht werden"? (e.g. We hope, that our ideas match the image of our school)

Do you spread a portfolio? (e.g. The portfolio could be spread on the different events of our school...)

Kann man "seinen Zweck erfüllen" bzw. "seine Bestimmung finden" mit "to find its purpose" übersetzen?

Dankeschön schon im Voraus!
Nachtfrost

BeitragVerfasst am: 16 Dez 2008 - 23:20:13    Titel:

Hallo,

ich habe hier mein abstract, zu meinen Englisch Vortrag erstellt.
Wäre nett, wenn mal jmd drüberschauen könnte Wink DANKE!

The client-server model is the standard concept for the distribution of tasks within a network. A task is in the client server model a service. Client and server describes the relationship between two computer programs in which one program, the client program, makes a service request from another, the server program. The client-server model is a connection of several computers by a communication system. A distinction is made between service offerer and demanders.

A client is an application or system that accesses a remote service on another computer system, known as a server, by way of a network. The client initiates requests and waits for replies also he receives replies. A server is a computer program that provides services to other computer programs (and their users), in the same or other computer. The physical computer that runs a server program is also sometimes referred to as server. A server can remotely install and uninstall applications and transfer data to the intended clients. The server initiates never requests or activities. He waits for replies or requests from connected clients.

Client server systems offer the advantage that e.g. Software actualizations only on few systems (the servers) to be accomplished must. The data are central available and thus no multiple storage of the same data on the different Client computers result. All the data is stored on the servers, which generally have far greater security controls than most clients. Servers can better control access and resources, to guarantee that only those clients with the appropriate permissions may access and change data. Are the disadvanatages of a client server model that it comes among too many simultaneous client requests for a traffic congestion and longer idle time. By a server failure or hacker attack on the server the client requests cannot be fulfilled.

As you know some of the most popular applications on the Internet follow the client-server design like email clients, ftp clients and web browsers. Each of these programs presents a user interface (either graphic- or text-based) in a client process that allows the user to connect to servers. In the case of email and FTP, the user enters a computer name (or sometimes an IP address) into the interface to set up future connections to the server process.
lefroy

BeitragVerfasst am: 28 Dez 2008 - 14:50:07    Titel:

Hi!
Kann mal jemand nachschauen ob meine Übersetzung richtig ist. Wäre echt toll. Danke schon im Voraus!

Der jüdische Friedhof Königstraße ist gewiss eine Besonderheit. Deshalb fordern Wissenschaftler seit vielen Jahren seine Aufnahme in das Weltkulturerbe der UNESCO, zusammen mit den anderen einzigartigen jüdischen Begräbnisstätten Ouderkerk (Amsterdam) und Curacao.

The Jewish cemetery Königstraße is of course a speciality. Therefore academics asking for many years for the acceptance into the World Cultural Heritage of UNESCO, together with the other unique Jewish cemetery Ouderkerk (Amsterdam) and Curacao. [/i]
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Sammelthread für Korrekturen
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Weiter
Seite 52 von 66

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Chat :: Nachrichten:: Lexikon :: Bücher :: Impressum