Studium, Ausbildung und Beruf
 StudiumHome   FAQFAQ   RegelnRegeln   SuchenSuchen    RegistrierenRegistrieren   LoginLogin

Urgent correction needed (200 words), PLZ!
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Urgent correction needed (200 words), PLZ!

Autor Nachricht
bäm
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen

BeitragVerfasst am: 06 Sep 2009 - 16:42:21    Titel: Urgent correction needed (200 words), PLZ!

Book review
The novel covers a lonely life of M.S. Fogg who does not fit into society. Marco's life is based on finding his identity, but being an orphan makes it hard to accomplish his aim.
Never in my life did I read a book that combines formal language with informal language. Auster makes his novel "Moon Palace" approachable for the young generation as well as the old generation. I therefore recommend the book to all readers.
Although the novel is fictional, Auster tells the story realistically. As Auster uses many adjectives for the characters, the reader is able to identify with the characters. The reader thinks about them and feels with them.

On the contrary, Auster makes the plot appear unrealistic by tending to exaggerate the theme coincidence. It is unrealistic that Marco as an orphan meets his grandfather by chance and even later Marco finds his father, again through coincidental meaning.
All three characters -Marco, Solomon and Effing- have similar life courses that makes it hard to distinguish between them. I often had to reread certain passages because I was afraid to mix them up. Even more confusing was it to distinguish between the characters as the plot is told in a non-chronological order.

Spot my mistakes, plz!!
Sad
M45T4

BeitragVerfasst am: 06 Sep 2009 - 20:49:23    Titel: Re: Urgent correction needed (200 words), PLZ!

bäm hat folgendes geschrieben:
Book review
The novel covers the lonely life of M.S. Fogg who does not seem to fit into society. From the outset Marco faces the major challenges of finding his roots, as well as the pursuit of happiness and inner peace, which he so desperately needs; while being an orphan makes it hard to accomplish his aim.
Never in my life had/have I read a book that combines formal language with informal language. Auster makes his novel "Moon Palace" approachable for the young generation as well as the old generation. I therefore recommend the book to readers at all ages.
Although the novel is fictional, Auster tells the story realistically. As Auster uses many adjectives for the characters, the reader is able to identify with the characters. Paul Auster manages to stirr the readers' minds thereby enabling them to sympathize with his main characters.

On the contrary, Auster makes the plot appear unrealistic by tending to exaggerate the theme 'coincidence'. To me, it appears rather improbable that Marco, as an orphan, should meet his grandfather by chance and even later Marco finds his father, again through coincidental meaning.
All three characters -Marco, Solomon and Effing- have similar personal histories that makes it hard to distinguish between them. I often had to read certain passages several times/more than once . Even more confusing was it to distinguish between the characters as the plot is told in a non-chronological order.

Just a few proposals, still, there's much room left for improvement
bäm

BeitragVerfasst am: 06 Sep 2009 - 21:00:12    Titel:

Hey, thanks a bunch M45T4!!!!!!! You did a great job!!
Btw, concerning your signature: It's great to see that you are also a fan of Paul Auster!! Wink
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Urgent correction needed (200 words), PLZ!
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Chat :: Nachrichten:: Lexikon :: Bücher :: Impressum