Studium, Ausbildung und Beruf
 StudiumHome   FAQFAQ   RegelnRegeln   SuchenSuchen    RegistrierenRegistrieren   LoginLogin

Review - Other side of truth
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Review - Other side of truth

Autor Nachricht
Kirstn_94
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen

BeitragVerfasst am: 26 Feb 2011 - 12:09:25    Titel: Review - Other side of truth

REVIEW
''Other side of truth“ by Beverley Naidoo

''The other side of truth“ is a children's novel about Nigerian political refugees by Beverley Naidoo. In it he describes what happend to a twelve year old girl called Sade and her ten year old brother Femi when they are send to London after the death of their mother because of political oppressions in their country. Although this novel is not written in the first person, it presents the perspective of Sade, who has to take care of his brother without parents. All in all she is a very strong character because she does her best to find their father.
I really liked the plot in this book because eventhough it is fiction it seems real to me. The author describes Sade's feelings really well and it just made me feel as if I was in the story, This book is also very powerful and moving. It builds up a lot of suspense and makes you keep on reading it. But I think the book could be improved if the author told if Sade, Femi and their father ever go home to Nigeria or if they stay in London together.
I will proudly reccomend this book to everyone who wants to know more about what happends to some country because of political problems.

Are there any mistakes or wrong phrases which i should change?

Greets Razz
schnurzel91

BeitragVerfasst am: 26 Feb 2011 - 17:10:29    Titel:

Hallo!
Wie heißt jetzt der Roman? "Other side.." oder "The other..." - Titel der review ggf. ändern
'Other side of truth“ by Beverley Naidoo
''The other side of truth“ is a children's novel about Nigerian political refugees (würde noch schreiben, wo sie sind: in Nigeria? elsewhere?) by Beverley Naidoo. In it SHE (nicht alle Autoren sind Männer, Naidoo ist eine Frau) describes what (happenEd - besser:) HAPPENS to a twelve-year-old girl called Sade and her ten-year-old brother Femi when they are senT to London after the death of their mother THEIR MOTHER'S DEATH because of political oppression in their country (stirbt sie wegen der oppression? oder werden sie wegen oppression nach London geschickt? Wortstellung dementsprechend ggf. ändern). Although this novel is not written in the first person, it presents the perspective of Sade, who has to take care of HER (oben sagst du doch, sie sei ein Mädchen) brother without parents. All in all KOMMA she is a very strong character because she does her best to find their father.
I really liked the plot in this book because even though it is fiction it seems real to me. The author describes Sade's feelings really well and it just made me feel as if I was in the story (was part of the story). This book is also very powerful and moving. It builds up a lot of suspense and makes you keep on reading it. But I think the book could be improved if the author told THE READERS (tell braucht normalerweise ein Objekt) if Sade, Femi and their father ever go home to Nigeria or if they stay in London together.
I will proudly (proudly? hast du das Buch geschrieben? besser: strongly) reccomend RECOMMEND this book to everyone who wants to know more about what happends to some country because of political problems.
etwas besser: what can happen to a country because of political problems (schwacher Schluss. geht's wirklich darum in dem Buch?)
Grüße
Kirstn_94

BeitragVerfasst am: 27 Feb 2011 - 12:28:50    Titel:

überarbeitet: REVIEW
''The Other side of truth“ by Beverley Naidoo

''The other side of truth“ is a children's novel about Nigerian political refugees by Beverley Naidoo. In it she describes what happens to a twelve year old girl called Sade and her younger brother Femi when they are send to London alone after their mother's death. She died because her husband always writes the truth about the political oppressions in their country. Although this novel is not written in the first person, it presents the perspective of Sade, who has to take care of her brother in the new country. All in all, she is a very strong character because she does her best to find their father after being send to London.
I really liked the plot in this book because eventhough it is fiction it seems real to me. The author describes Sade's feelings really well and it just made me feel as if I was part of the story. This book is also very powerful and moving. It builds up a lot of suspense and makes you keep on reading it. But I think the book could be improved if the author told the readers, if Sade, Femi and their father ever go home to Nigeria.
I will strongly recommend this book to everyone who wants to know more about what can happen to people because of political problems and how lives can change because of it.

könnte man den review jetzt so lassen oder sollte ich doch noch etwas ändern?
grüße
schnurzel91

BeitragVerfasst am: 27 Feb 2011 - 15:41:17    Titel:

Noch ein paar Kleinigkeiten, die ich teils aber schon beim letzten Mal angemerkt habe:
" In it" klingt komisch, vielleicht "in the novel, ..."
she describes what happens to a twelve year old girl
twelve-year-old
Das hatte ich doch schon verbessert!!
called Sade and her younger brother Femi when they are SENT
auch schon beim ersten Mal verbessert
to London alone after their mother's death. She died because her husband always writes the truth about the political oppressions in their country. besser, weil präziser
Although this novel is not written in the first person, it presents the perspective of Sade, who has to take care of her brother in the new country. All in all, she is a very strong character because she does her best to find their father after being send to London.
SENT wie oben, passive: to be + past participle
I really liked the plot in this book because eventhough
Mann, das hatte ich auch verbessert: even though - zwei Worte!
it is fiction it seems real to me. The author describes Sade's feelings really well and it just made me feel as if I was part of the story. This book is also very powerful and moving. It builds up a lot of suspense and makes you keep on reading it. But I think the book could be improved if the author told the readers, if Sade, Femi and their father ever go home to Nigeria. kein Komma vor if
I will strongly recommend this book to everyone who wants to know more about what can happen to people because of political problems and how lives can change because of THEM (ich nehme an, es sind die problems gemeint)
Grüße
Kirstn_94

BeitragVerfasst am: 27 Feb 2011 - 17:17:03    Titel:

Danke nochmals für die verbesserung... ich hatte viele sachen überlesen, da ich nur die Fehler ausgebessert habe, wo danach ne Klammer war und nicht darauf geachtet habe ob sonst noch fehler waren...
DANKE für die hilfe!
Smile
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Review - Other side of truth
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Chat :: Nachrichten:: Lexikon :: Bücher :: Impressum