Studium, Ausbildung und Beruf
 StudiumHome   FAQFAQ   RegelnRegeln   SuchenSuchen    RegistrierenRegistrieren   LoginLogin

Correction please...
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Neues Thema eröffnen   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Correction please...

Autor Nachricht
jjuicy
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen

BeitragVerfasst am: 17 Nov 2005 - 23:58:25    Titel: Correction please...

Embarassed Bitte versucht mal die vielen schlimmen fehler herauszu picken..

Hello Mr (name) and Mrs (name)

First of all let me thank you for being interested in my presentation

My name is (name) I came from (place)
I am (number) fifteen years old and I learning english for 5 years.One of my hobbies is playing Tennis... so sport is interssting for me.

Today I would like to give you a presentation about THE OLYMPIC GAMES.
I have chosen this topic due to the fact that, I admire the sport, with their different kind to do it. The feeling to win anything an...(was könnt ich noch hinschreiben) ?ETC.
I think everbody has heard about the Olympic Games but hardly anyone knows a lot about it.

My presentation will be accompoined by powerpoint.

My Presentation is about :
The Ancient Olympics and the modern Olympics

Firtstly I want to tell us something about the basic information
Secondly anything about the ancient Olympics.
and finally I tell us somethin about the modern Olympics.

Folie 1 (startseite)
no text. just presentation

If thats ok for us, I’ll begin with my first point

Folie 2 (What are the Olympics?)
The Olympic Games, or Olympics, is an international multi-sport event taking place every two years and alternating between Summer and Winter Games.

Originally were the Olympics held in ancient Greece.
The Games of the Olympiad, better known as the Summer Olympics, have been held every fourth year since 1896, with the exception of the years during the World Wars.

Folie 3 (Ancient Olympic Games)
In 2004, the Games returned to the place of their (Ursprung) origin, Greece.
There are many legends about the true orgins.
According to one legend the Games were founded by Heracles (= Hercules in Roman mythology)

The first Games are confirm in writing, 776 BC.Every four years they took place in Olympia.

Folie 4 (The Execution (Ancient Games))

The ancient Olympic Games included the following events:

Running e.g. :200m foot race or 400m foot race

Jumping e.g. : Athletes used stone or lead weights and jumped over there

Discus Throw: The technique was very similar to today's freestyle discus throw.

Wrestling: It ended only when one of the contestants admitted defeat.

Pankration: This was a primitive form of martial art combining wrestling and boxing

Boxing: like today

Equestrain Events: These included horse races and chariot races

All this sports were rationaded in 5 days..

Folie 5 (Award Ceremony)
The prizes for the champions were (Kränze) wreaths from a (heilig) sacred olive tree that was said to have been planted by Heracles.

Wie endete die antiken Spiele?
When the Romans (conquer = erobern) conquered Greece, the Games were also (hier: eingeführt) introduced in the (Römisches Reich) Roman Empire. In 393 AD, however, Emperor Theodosius thought that the ‘ (heidnisch) pagan cult’ could threaten the Christian religion and therefore (verboten) banned the Games ending a thousand-year period of Olympic Games.

I’d now like to turn to my next point : The modern Olympics

Folie 6 (The modern Olympic Games)
The French Baron Pierre de Coubertin is the initiator of the modern Olympic Games. He wanted to bring nations closer together and have them (wettstreiten) compete in sports rather than fight in wars. Thanks to the efforts of Coubertin and his supporters, the first modern Games took place in 1896 - in Athens, the actual birthplace of the Olympics

Folie 7 (Where did they take place?)
The Olympic Games did not take place in 1916 due to World War I and in 1940 and 1944 due to World War II.
Since 1896 They take place 28 times.

Folie 8 Implemantation:
At the first modern Olympic games 245 athletes from 13 nations competed in 10 different sports. Now more than 10,000 athletes from about 200 nations compete in 28 different sports. The Olympic motto is 'citius-altius-fortius' (faster-higher-stronger).

Folie 9 Medals, Torches, Rings
Rings :
The 5 Rings represent the five continents of the world and the colours (blue, black, red, yellow, green, white) were chosen such that they contained the flag colours of all countries participating in the games at the time the Olympic flag was created.

Torches:
Coubertin’s idea of bringing the nations closer together is symbolised in the Olympic flag

Medals :
This medal is from Athens 1896
First place winners were awarded a silver medal, an olive branch and a diploma

The obverse side of the medal has Zeus' face along

And this from Salt Lake City 2002
On the front of the medals, an athlete bursts
On the back of the medals, Nike, the Greek goddess of victory

Folie 10: Where will they be next ? / Future Games
Beijing was elected the Host City for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad in 2008. The vote followed in line with the recommendation of the IOC Evaluation Commission that "a Beijing Games would leave a unique legacy to China and to sports. The Commission is confident that Beijing could organise an excellent Games".

This brings me to the end of my presentation
Fantasygirl

BeitragVerfasst am: 18 Nov 2005 - 09:24:13    Titel: Re: Correction please...

Tut mir leid, das ist ein bissel viel, aber ich fang schon mal mit dem Text vor der Präsentation an, vielleicht übernimmt dann jemand den Rest.
Ich versuch mein bestes, geb aber auch keine Garantie, okay?

[quote="jjuicy"]Embarassed Bitte versucht mal die vielen schlimmen fehler herauszu picken..

Hello Mr (name) and Mrs (name)

First of all let me thank you for being interested in my presentation

My name is (name) I come from (place)
I am (number) fifteen years old and I have been learning English for 5 years. One of my hobbies is playing Tennis... so I am very interested in sport.

Today I would like to give you a presentation about THE OLYMPIC GAMES.
I chose this topic due to the fact that that I admire the sport, with their different kind to do it [? Was willst du damit sagen?]. The feeling to win anything an...(was könnt ich noch hinschreiben) ?ETC. [Das weiß ich auch nicht]
I think everbody heard about the Olympic Games but hardly anyone knows a lot about them.

I am accompoining [?] my presentation by powerpoint.

My Presentation is about :
The Ancient Olympics and the modern Olympics

Firtstly, I want to tell you some basic information, secondly something about the ancient Olympics and finally I tell you something about the modern Olympics.
diec

BeitragVerfasst am: 18 Nov 2005 - 10:31:03    Titel: Re: Correction please...

zum korrigierten text

"... so I am very interested in sport." glaube, es muss "sports" heißen

"Today I would like to give you a presentation about THE OLYMPIC GAMES.
I chose this topic due to the fact that that I admire the sport" - ähm, wieso "that that"??? glabue, eins reicht Wink

[quote="jjuicy

Folie 1 (startseite)
no text. just presentation

If thats ok for you, I’ll begin with my first point

Folie 2 (What are the Olympics?)
The Olympic Games, or Olympics, are an international multi-sport event taking place every two years and alternating between Summer and Winter Games.

Originally the Olympics were held in ancient Greece.
The Games of the Olympiad, better known as the Summer Olympics, have been held every four years since 1896, with the exception of the years during the World Wars.

Folie 3 (Ancient Olympic Games)
In 2004, the Games returned to the place of their (Ursprung) origin, Greece.
There are many legends about the true origins.
According to one legend the Games were founded by Heracles (= Hercules in Roman mythology)

The first Games are confirm in writing, 776 BC.??????Every four years they took place in Olympia.

Folie 4 (The Execution (Ancient Games))

The ancient Olympic Games included the following events:

Running e.g. :200m foot race or 400m foot race

Jumping e.g. : Athletes jumped over stone or lead weights

Discus Throw: The technique was very similar to today's freestyle discus throw.

Wrestling: It ended only when one of the contestants admitted defeat.

Pankration: This was a primitive form of martial art combining wrestling and boxing

Boxing: like today

Equestrain Events: These included horse races and chariot races

All this sports were rationaded in 5 days..

Folie 5 (Award Ceremony)
The prizes for the champions were (Kränze) wreaths from a (heilig) sacred olive tree that was said to have been planted by Heracles.

Wie endete die antiken Spiele?
When the Romans (conquer = erobern) conquered Greece, the Games were also (hier: eingeführt) introduced in the (Römisches Reich) Roman Empire. In 393 AD, however, Emperor Theodosius thought that the ‘ (heidnisch) pagan cult’ could threaten the Christian religion and therefore (verboten) banned the Games ending a thousand-year period of Olympic Games.

I’d now like to turn to my next point : The modern Olympics

Folie 6 (The modern Olympic Games)
The French Baron Pierre de Coubertin is the initiator of the modern Olympic Games. He wanted to bring nations closer together and have them (wettstreiten) compete in sports rather than fight in wars. Thanks to the efforts of Coubertin and his supporters, the first modern Games took place in 1896 - in Athens, the actual birthplace of the Olympics

Folie 7 (Where did they take place?)
The Olympic Games did not take place in 1916 due to World War I and in 1940 and 1944 due to World War II.
Since 1896 they had taken place 28 times.

Folie 8 Implemantation:
At the first modern Olympic games 245 athletes from 13 nations competed in 10 different sports (nicht sports, vlt. eher kinds of sport *nichtsicherbin*) . Now more than 10,000 athletes from about 200 nations compete in 28 different sports (das gleiche...) . The Olympic motto is 'citius-altius-fortius' (faster-higher-stronger).

Folie 9 Medals, Torches, Rings
Rings :
The 5 Rings represent the five continents of the world and the colours (hier würde ich sagen "colours of the flag",w eil man sich sonst evtl wundert wie fünf ringe sechs farben haben können...) (blue, black, red, yellow, green, white) were chosen so (immer noch schlecht formuliert, da muss nochmal einer ran Wink ) that they contained the flag colours of all countries participating in the games at the time the Olympic flag was created.

Torches:
Coubertin’s idea of bringing the nations closer together is symbolised in the Olympic flag torch heißt doch fackel, was hat das mit der flagge zu tun???

Medals :
This medal is from Athens 1896
First place winners were awarded a silver medal, an olive branch and a diploma

The obverse side of the medal has Zeus' face along

And this from Salt Lake City 2002
On the front of the medals, an athlete bursts
On the back of the medals, Nike, the Greek goddess of victory

Folie 10: Where will they be next ? / Future Games
Beijing was elected the Host City for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad in 2008. The vote followed in line with the recommendation of the IOC Evaluation Commission that "a Beijing Games would leave a unique legacy to China and to sports. The Commission is confident that Beijing could organise an excellent Games".

This brings me to the end of my presentation[/quote] (inhaltlich anmerkung: der schlusssatz sagt definitiv zu wenig aus, fällt dir evtl was besseres ein?? ein ende sollte irgendwie zusammenfassend sein oder ein fazit ziehen und nicht einfach "schluss, ende, aus" heißen Wink
daysleeper

BeitragVerfasst am: 19 Nov 2005 - 01:13:21    Titel:

Zitat:
Since 1896 They have taken place 28 times.

Zitat:
This leads me to the end of my presentation

Zitat:
He wanted to bring nations closer together and have them compete compete in sports rather than fight in wars
jjuicy

BeitragVerfasst am: 19 Nov 2005 - 09:12:04    Titel: Since...

Question

Hallo, also vielen vielen danke, habt mir echt alle sehr geholfen.,

Bei diesem Satz hab ich jetzt viele versionen, doch welche ist die ríchtige ?

A Since 1896 they had taken place 28 times

B Since 1896 they take place 28 times

C Since 1896 they have taken place 28 times

D Since 1896 they taken place 28 times

Ich will ja damit sagen dass sie seit 1896 schon 28mal statt gefunden haben

Bin da bisschen verwirrt
enchantin_eyes

BeitragVerfasst am: 19 Nov 2005 - 09:54:25    Titel:

The Olympic Games took place 28 times since 1896.
oder, falls du das Datum schon mal erwähnt hast

ever since they took place 28 times, kommt halt auf den Zusammenhang an.

und nochmal eine Anmerkung zur 10 Folie

Zitat:
The vote followed in line with the recommendation of the IOC Evaluation Commission that "a Beijing Games would leave an unique legacy to China and to sports.

Ich würde nicht ... an unique ... sagen, hört sich falsch an. Ich weiß, daß man normal vor Vokalen an sagt, aber hier passt das irgendwie nicht. Was meint der Rest?
jjuicy

BeitragVerfasst am: 19 Nov 2005 - 11:32:37    Titel:

Also heißt es ganz sicher : The Games took 28 times since 1896??

Wink
daysleeper

BeitragVerfasst am: 19 Nov 2005 - 14:13:38    Titel:

NEIN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Games

"The Games of the Olympiad, better known as the Summer Olympics, have been held
every fourth year since 1896, with the exception of the years during the ..."

Zitat:
Ich würde nicht ... an unique ... sagen, hört sich falsch an. Ich weiß, daß man normal vor Vokalen an sagt, aber hier passt das irgendwie nicht. Was meint der Rest?

UNFUG!
enchantin_eyes

BeitragVerfasst am: 19 Nov 2005 - 15:10:03    Titel:

wenn man bei google "a unique" und "an unique" eingibt findet man beides. Denke mal, dann kannst du's dir aussuchen. Ich finde allerdings "a unique" nach wie vor besser.

Very Happy
Zwanglos

BeitragVerfasst am: 28 Mai 2007 - 14:57:15    Titel:

Fun Boy, please do not give corrections to posts that are well over a year old. I doubt that this thread is even relevant anymore. Old threads are left alone simply for reference.

If you want to contribute some corrections or give help, respond to threads that are on the first page.

Thread locked.

~ Zwanglos, being all moderator-like
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> Correction please...
Neues Thema eröffnen   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten. Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Seite 1 von 2

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Chat :: Nachrichten:: Lexikon :: Bücher :: Impressum