Studium, Ausbildung und Beruf
 StudiumHome   FAQFAQ   RegelnRegeln   SuchenSuchen    RegistrierenRegistrieren   LoginLogin

British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison

Autor Nachricht
bluemsddfgfore
Inaktiver Account
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen

BeitragVerfasst am: 21 Feb 2006 - 10:07:10    Titel: British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison

Hallo!
"British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison" ist meine warscheinlich letzte Hausaufgabe in Englisch (bin 13. Klasse) Laughing
Umfang sollte etwa 2 Seiten sein.
Vielleicht liest sich einfach mal jemand meinen Text durch und guckt mal ob was falsch ist oder anders geschrieben werden müsste?!
Ach so, noch ne Frage: welche Synonyme gibt es zu "newspapers"?
Das fett gedruckte sind die Stellen wo ich mir selbst nicht ganz so sicher bin...

Danke für jede Hilfestellung!

British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison

2000 weekly newspapers, 130 daily and Sunday newspapers - in Britain are more papers published than in most other countries.
All newspapers in Britain can be divided into the broadsheets (the "qualities") and the tabloids (the "populars"). The newspapers have different readers, layouts and topics.
The broadsheets usually deal with home and oversea news, with detailed articles about sport, politic and cultural events. Besides they also carry financial reports, book and film reviews or economic articles. Broadsheets are twice a size of a standard tabloid and commonly perceived to be more intellectual than their tabloid counterparts. They are using their greater size to publish stories with more details. In addition the broadsheets use more text parts then pictures. They pay more attention to the government or international affairs - rather than to scandal and showbiz news. They are more factual and objective in the way they publish the newspaper, too.
On the other hand there are the tabloids. These papers are sometimes called the "gutter press" offering news for the people which are less interested in daily detailed news reports. They are characterised by huge headlines and big photographs on the frontpage. The tabloids deal with celebrity gossip and give scandal, sports, personalities, the Royal family or TV stars more space than politic affairs. They usually illustrate their very short and easy written stories with big eye-catching headlines, pictures and captions - I think that helps to sell much more newspapers. Typical examples for tabloids are "The Sun" or "The Daily Mirror". They have a circulation of about 3 million papers.
"The Times" or "The Guardian" - typical broadsheets - have much more smaller circulation figures (between 100.000 and 1 million).
For my comparison I choose "The Times" and "The Sun".
The Sun suprised with huge photographs and a red-white-layout. The Times is like many other broadsheets in black and white - without colourful headlines. The Times is aimed at an older audience, thats the reason for the purely and simply layout.
The Times was founded by John Walter in 1785 as "The Daily Universal Register". It has a rather small circulation, but its influence is greater than its small circulation figures: It is a newspaper read by lawyers, politicans and business people.
The Sun was founded in 1964. This newspaper is perhaps so popular, because of its own funny news during the boring times, or their wittiness of its writing. Additionally The Sun has the "Page 3 girl" - a nearly nacked teenager...
In both papers was reported about the "bird flu". For The Times the most important story that day and at the top of the first page - quite unlike The Sun. It is very striking, that The Times article is more than five times longer - and of course with more details. The Sun prefer to report about "the killer human form of the disease", how seriously?!
The Sun asked no scientists for their opinion about the bird flu - perhaps because they would destroy the killer-story?!
All in all it is very funny and relaxing to read the tabloids, but I am not relying on these dubious papers. For getting correct and convincing information I prefer the broadsheets. It was very interesting to read british papers, especially because I understand more than I hoped to. For english beginners I recommendable to read tabloids. Perhaps I visit the homepage www.timesonline.co.uk more often in the future.
I can not say, that the british press is better or worse than the german ones. We have the "Bild" and the "Spiegel" instead of "The Sun" and "The Times".
bluemsddfgfore
Inaktiver Account

BeitragVerfasst am: 21 Feb 2006 - 17:15:32    Titel:

hey - etwa alles richtig? Wink
Maryanna

BeitragVerfasst am: 21 Feb 2006 - 18:46:11    Titel: Re: British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison

Ich hab nur ganz kurz drübergeschaut und verbessert, was mir spontan aufgefallen ist, kann also sein, dass ich das ein oder andere noch übersehen hab (sind auch noch ein paar kommafehler drin, die ich nicht alle markiert habe)..

xxbluemorexx hat folgendes geschrieben:
British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison ('im Vergleich' alleine heißt laut LEO 'by comparison', bei 'in comparison' würde immer etwas mit with, to... angeschlossen werden, im Vergleich zu)

2000 weekly newspapers, 130 daily and Sunday newspapers - in Britain, more papers are published than in most other countries.
All newspapers in Britain can be divided into the broadsheets (the "qualities") and the tabloids (the "populars"). The newspapers have different readers, layouts and topics.
The broadsheets usually deal with home and oversea news, with detailed articles about sports, politics and cultural events. Besides they also carry (? Was willst du mit diesem carry sagen?) financial reports, book and film reviews or economic articles. Broadsheets are twice a size of a standard tabloid and commonly perceived to be more intellectual than their tabloid counterparts. They are using their greater size to publish stories with more details. In addition the broadsheets use more text parts than pictures. They pay more attention to the government or international affairs - rather than to scandal and showbiz news. They are more factual and objective in the way they publish the newspaper, too. <-- they steht doch hier, wenn ich es richtig verstehe, für die broadsheets, können die Zeitungen veröffentlichen?
On the other hand there are the tabloids. These papers are sometimes called the "gutter press" offering news for people who are less interested in daily detailed news reports. They are characterised by huge headlines and big photographs on the frontpage. The tabloids deal with celebrity gossip and give more space to scandal, sports, personalities, the Royal family or TV stars than to politic affairs. They usually illustrate their very short and easy written stories with big eye-catching headlines, pictures and captions - I think this helps to sell much more newspapers. Typical examples for tabloids are "The Sun" or "The Daily Mirror". They have a circulation of about 3 million papers.
"The Times" or "The Guardian" - typical broadsheets - far fewer circulation figures (between 100.000 and 1 million).
For my comparison I choose "The Times" and "The Sun".
The Sun surprised with huge photographs and a red-white layout. The Times is like many other broadsheets in black and white - without colourful headlines. The Times is aimed at an older audience, that's the reason for the purely and simply layout.
The Times was founded by John Walter in 1785 as "The Daily Universal Register". It has a rather small circulation, but its influence is greater than its small circulation figures: It is a newspaper read by lawyers, politicans and business people.
The Sun was founded in 1964. This newspaper is perhaps that popular because of its own funny news during the boring times, or their wittiness of its writing. Additionally The Sun has the "Page 3 girl" - a nearly nacked teenager...
In both papers was reported about the "bird flu". <-- Satzstellung stimmt nicht For The Times the most important story of that day and at the top of the first page - quite unlike The Sun. It is very striking [kein Komma vor der Konjunktion 'dass'] that The Times article is more than five times longer - and of course with more details (more detailed). The Sun prefers to report about "the killer human form of the disease", how serious_?!
The Sun asked no scientists for their opinion about the bird flu - perhaps because they would destroy the killer-story?!
All in all it is very funny and relaxing to read the tabloids, but I am not relying on these dubious papers. In order to get correct and convincing information I prefer the broadsheets. It was very interesting to read British papers, especially because I understood more than I hoped to. For English beginners I recommend to read tabloids. Perhaps I will visit the homepage www.timesonline.co.uk more often in the future.
I cannot say_ that -besser whether the British press is better or worse than the German one. We have the "Bild" and the "Spiegel" instead of "The Sun" and "The Times".
Foren-Übersicht -> Englisch-Forum -> British tabloids and broadsheets in comparison
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Chat :: Nachrichten:: Lexikon :: Bücher :: Impressum