|| powered by |
EGU 2011: Press conference programme online31.03.2011 - (idw) European Geosciences Union
The press conference programme is now online: http://www.egu-media.net/content/view/270/1/. There may be some last-minute changes and additions, so please stay tuned for updates.
There will be several late-breaking scientific sessions on the 22 February 2011 Christchurch Earthquake and the 11 March Honshu earthquake and tsunami.You will find details about these sessions here: http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2011/home.html. We will run two press conferences in connection with these sessions on Thursday 7 April.
Press conference topics:
On Tuesday 5 April:
* Polar Ozone - What's going on in the Arctic? NB: Embargo until 10 AM
* Merapi and Eyjafjallajökull volcanoes
* A new science plan for ocean drilling - The Future of the Integrated Ocean Drilling Program
* What can we do about Europe's raw materials crisis?
* Geothermal energy versus CO2-storage: can we use the underground more than once?
* Unlocking climate and sea level secrets since the Last Glacial Maximum - Results from the IODP Great Barrier Reef Environmental Changes Expedition
On Wednesday 6 April:
* GOCE & GRACE: global impacts of the ever changing surface of the Earth, recent mission results.
* The geoscientist, the insurer and the manufacturer: collaboratively tackling todays risk and safety issues.
* Oxygen Depletion - Triple Trouble
On Thursday 7 April:
* The 22 February 2011 earthquake in Christchurch
* Tsunami impact and Tsunami Early Warning Systems
Note that all press conferences will be video streamed live here: http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2011/webstreaming.html.
Don't forget our Special Interests Programme http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/egu2011/special_interests, a manageable listing of the talks that we think might interest you most.
You may follow us on Twitter @DickEGUpress for updates and media alerts, or read the mobile edition of EGU Today, http://www.egutoday.eu. Stay tuned for more news about EGU 2011.
HTML-Code zum Verweis auf diese Seite:
<a href="http://www.uni-protokolle.de/nachrichten/id/214211/">EGU 2011: Press conference programme online </a>