|| powered by |
WHS Regional Meeting São Paulo: Statement Demands Action to Improve Health in Latin America09.04.2014 - (idw) World Health Summit
Immediate action on at least five topics is needed to counter the significant socio-demographic and epidemiological changes in developing countries and their effects on health is required, according to experts gathered in Brazil.
More than 1,000 participants from 30 countries acknowledged global health challenges, especially in Latin America, during the first WHS Regional Meeting for Latin America, held this week at the University of São Paulo medical faculty under the auspices of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies.
Closing the three days of productive work towards solutions, a mutual call for action has been released demanding governments and responsible institutions to act on five topics:
1. Planning and acting for better health of the population through concerted strategies targeting higher health life expectancy and facing the social inequalities.
2. Devising policies that address the multifactorial social, economic, environmental and political determinants of health related to urbanization.
3. Strengthening research and development capacity as an essential way to incorporate new technologies and to perform population studies which are necessary to establish the best cost-benefit policies for health.
4. Ensuring a true universal health coverage considering the public-private mix and its impact on the existing model of universal health care system.
5. Adopting the educational system for health professionals according to local priorities, in order to provide adequate health services into the future.
This call to action was delivered by the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies, combining the excellence and power of 17 globally renown institutions in health care. The statement will be communicated to decision makers worldwide to influence the agenda for improved health in Latin America and beyond.
The M8 Statement is available for download: bit.ly/M8_Statement_Sao_Paulo
The next World Health Summit will be held from October 19-22 in the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin, Germany, addressing the most urgent challenges for health worldwide, as well as continuing to analyze results and insights from the Regional Meeting in São Paulo.
Tel.: +49 30 450 572 114
M8 Statement Sao Paulo 2014
HTML-Code zum Verweis auf diese Seite:
<a href="http://www.uni-protokolle.de/nachrichten/id/276129/">WHS Regional Meeting São Paulo: Statement Demands Action to Improve Health in Latin America </a>